Wednesday, February 27, 2008

final project

So, I’m thinking of doing a profile of Stephen Colbert. I think he’s one of the most interesting people in the media circuit today, because of his multiple personalities, the fact that he’s probably the best and most pure satirist since Mark Twain, and just how much fun he seems to have doing what he does. With him he carries a lot of commentary on both sides of the political spectrum. There are those that think he’s serious about being a Bill O’Reilly follower and their general density, and those that love him for his satire, and their general cynicism. By virtue of his popularity, and mockery of almost everything (including his popularity), he says something about us as a nation, he almost asks everybody why we find him entertaining.
I’m planning to use excerpts from his show, there’s an interview with him and Jon Stewart in an issue of Rolling Stone. Also I’ll have to include a brief bio on him, something I can probably find online. I know Stephen T. Colbert is making statements about qualities of our culture, obviously I am not completely aware of it yet, but I plan to find out, after all, I’m part of his Facebook group.

No comments: